Claim your free skillmate account now.
Teach your talents, learn new skills and partner for fun activities.
Join the first of its kind user driven skill community.
Picky when it comes to making new friends? Filter profiles on the basis of age, distance and gender to find the best skillmate for a skill.
Every Skillmate profile has a trust meter displayed on the user’s card as a circle outlining their profile picture. Connect with trust.
Rate and review other skillmates based on your experience of sharing skills with them. The better your rating, the better your in-app social standing.
Send in-app messages to connect with other skillmates without sharing your phone number.
Add pictures of something you created. Link your portfolio. Upload videos of your performances. Showcase your talent.
Block pestering people or report dubious profiles to us. Help us keep the platform clean.
By accessing and using the Services, You become the User and become bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and other Policies of HookTwo for as long as you continue to use visit the Site or Services.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE OR REGISTER WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
Your use, registration or participation in any manner with the Site or the Services being provided confirm agreement to the Terms and Conditions and any applicable Policies. These Terms may be revised and updated from time to time by HookTwo and are applicable to all additional services offered by HookTwo. All rights to cease offering any of the Services on the Site are reserved with HookTwo.
Eligibility: The User of the Services must be at least 18 years old. By using the Services the User represents and warrants that he/ she is a minimum 18 years old and has never been convicted under any law governing us or the User. HookTwo reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check at any time and using available public records, to confirm possibility of misrepresentation. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User consents to and authorizes such check. HookTwo has the right to terminate the profile a User violating the eligibility criteria stated here at its sole discretion.
Verification and Trust: By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the User hereby authorizes HookTwo to conduct verification checks on the User. To gain trust of the skillmate community, the User may be required to upload a valid photo-id recognized by the Government of India and verify his/her phone number. If the User is from outside India, an i.d. recognized by the Government s/he belongs to may be accepted. HookTwo accepts that all such documents uploaded by the User will be kept confidential and will only be used to ascertain credibility of the User’s profile.
Account: In order to use our Services, the User must sign in using his/her Facebook or Gmail login. If you do so, you authorize us to access and use certain Facebook and Gmail account information, including but not limited to your public Facebook/Google+ profile and information about the User’s Facebook/Google profile.
Content: The User is solely responsible for and assumes all liability regarding text, graphics, images, music, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services. Posts, chat messages, profile information, status updates, or any content provided by the User will be the User’s legal responsibility. You may also provide us a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other App users, you provide us the content of your chats and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
HookTwo reserves the right to use the Content provided by the User to:
● manage our business and/or improve our Services.
● collect data to analyze User behaviour for App features, updates and Services related products.
● resolve technical issues and offer customer support.
● use the phone number or email address to send notifications, emails regarding App updates, new features, and our Services.
● to make use of App and Site analytics for purpose of business.
● perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
● Resolve ‘Report Profile’ cases sent to us by a User.
● Moderate content and keep the platform free of “Non-Permissible” Content mentioned below.
Sexually explicit content and third party marketing content considered as spam will be removed by HookTwo without any prior notification to the user and may result in termination of the User’s account.
Non-Permissible Content: The User will not post/use the App and the Services to
● promote any kind of discrimination on the basis of class, caste, gender or nationality.
● stalk, harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other user of the Site or Services;
● share inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene or otherwise objectionable Content;
● share content that violates copyrights without prior approval of the owner;
● share content of another User without his or her permission;
● promote or enable illegal or unlawful activities,
● defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services;
● disseminate viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
● promote or solicit involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
● disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
● indulge in activities that are off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the Site;
● impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
● uses the Site or Services for third-party marketing or for spamming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities.
We, at HookTwo, want to ensure that the skillmate community enjoys a safe and tension-free environment to connect and socialize with each other. To achieve this we request our Users to follow basic guidelines to use our Services:
● Don’t Spam: Keep the platform clutter free. Use of Services for the purpose of advertising, marketing, and/or promoting a third-party will be discouraged and may result in account deletion at the sole discretion of HookTwo.
● Not a Dating App: The purpose of skillmate is to enable users to teach, learn, partner and socialize to share their skills and talents. Using the Services for matchmaking or dating purposes will be looked down upon and other Users have the liberty to report a profile on the basis of such behaviour.
● Showcase: Feel free to show off your skills to other Users using our App. But let’s keep it specific. Share pictures of your work, portfolio links, and other relevant stuff. Please note that this Content will be public and will be visible to other skillmate Users.
● Chatting Etiquettes: Don’t be rude, abusive, purposeless or mean while chatting with others using our Services. You can block a User to stop receiving chat requests from them and even report a profile in-app.
● Meeting in Real: When you decide to connect with another User in the real world, follow our Safety Guidelines to keep yourself out of harm. HookTwo does not take any responsibility for user safety and is not liable for any damage or harm caused through use of our products or services.
● Don’t Copy: Don’t claim someone’s else work to be yours. Don’t copy images from the internet and showcase them as your original work. We will take necessary action in such cases. Additionally, if you find another User copying and using your Content report their profile to us immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement and our Services, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We, at skillmate, want you to be safe while connecting with people via our app. Please do read the following tips to ensure your safety.
1. User Profiles:
Be cautious of dubious profiles by looking for commonsensical signs that hint that something is fishy.
2. Revealing Personal Data:
While connecting and interacting with strangers please be careful about revealing your full name, address, phone number, pictures and any other such information.
3. Meeting in Person:
Meeting another user for the first time should be done at a public place. Inform a trusted third person – a friend or a family member – of the fixed date, time and venue of your meeting plan. Also, follow basic safety rules while traveling to and from the venue – do not take lifts from a stranger, avoid isolated routes especially at night, and keep an eye on potential stalkers. Take a friend along if you are unsure of the person’s credibility.
4. Meeting at Home:
If you wish to teach from home, please do so after doing a little research on the person’s profile and after meeting the person somewhere in public till trust is gained. Do not invite another person to your home when you are alone. If you are going for a class to someone else’s place- inform a friend or a family member, avoid odd timings, arrange for your own drop and pick up at a specified time.
5. In-app Spam:
If another user sends you objectionable content or spam messages from within skillMate, please block the user’s profile and report it to us. We will take all the necessary steps to keep skillMate spam and scam free and request all our users to help us create healthy real and virtual skill-based communities.
Note: skillMate does not take any responsibility for any user’s safety and is not liable for any damage or harm caused through use of our products or services. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any further clarifications.